Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

Brooks stayed home this morning and watched the boys while I got to sleep in. Then we enjoyed a great breakfast before he had to head off to school. He is bringing home dinner and a cake/cupcakes tonight. I am looking forward to it!


I flew home from Arizona last Thursday with the boys and Brooks' mom. She was able to stay with us for a few days and we had fun while she was here. She so kindly volunteered to watch the boys overnight and Brooks and I jumped at the opportunity. We decided to celebrate my birthday a week early and enjoy a night out. We ate at a place called Catacombs which we had been wanting to try for a while and ended up really liking it.



We also stayed at the Davenport hotel in downtown Spokane. It was my first time away from the boys overnight and was a little weird for me. I was really looking forward to sleeping in, but my internal clock woke me up right at the normal time they would have woken me up at home. I was able to go back to sleep so it worked out. Landon and Elliot both slept beautifully for Nanay and actually let her sleep in a little. Thanks to her for watching the boys!!!



The hotel lobby was pretty fancy although I am not sure what is up with the gold rhino?



4 comments:

Tannis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! You are such a good sister-in-law!! I'm so happy you and Brooks got married!!

Tiffany said...

Happy birthday yesterday! A night out on the town sounds like a lot of fun. I have heard great things about the Davenport. We definately need to get together. Hopefully the weather will stay kind of nice from here on out. If the weatherman is right though I don't think that will happen!!!

nate and amy crandell said...

How fun! Happy Birthday!!

Candice said...

Happy (late) Birthday Shelci! How fun that you got to celebrate it with just the 2 of you! My JC is coming up on 2 years old and I still haven't left her for the night yet. I guess maybe I haven't had a good enough reason too, I need to get Stephen to take me somewhere!