Friday, August 7, 2009

Lakeside Family Trip


The day after we flew to Arizona, we drove up to Lakeside to get out of the heat and spend time with family. We went with my family to my aunt's cabin. It was the first time we had all been together since Max left on his mission. It rained almost every afternoon and the weather was so nice! We spent most of our time outside on the trampoline or on the porch swing. The picture above is of Amerae, Heidi, me, and Max sitting on a bench at the park in Lakeside. I think this may be the only picture I have with Max on the whole trip. On Thursday night, we had a family night. We shared favorite family memories and had a spiritual thought from Dad and Mom. The trip was short, but we enjoyed the time together.



Dad relaxing on the trampoline with Dallin. Dallin wanted to be outside on the trampoline as much as possible.

Amerae and I jumping with the boys





On Friday, we went to the park and enjoyed being together.



Dallin has always loved the swings and still can't get enough.



Landon used to hate the swing, but has since changed his mind.



Heidi and Michael



This little guy was another reason I really wanted o go to AZ. It was the first time I got to see and hold baby Ryder.






Steven





Chereese entertaining Landon



This lake was right by the park and Brooks couldn't resist pulling the camera out.









Elliot drinks from his sippy cup from the side. I think he does it so he can see while he drinks.



A big stick....what else could a little boy need?



Steven really did not want to be in this cousin picture.







We went bowling the last day we were there and Elliot and Landon bowled for the first time. They liked it, but it took too long between turns.




This swing is on the back porch at the cabin and we all loved taking a turn on it.

2 comments:

Taryn and Sterling said...

cute pictures. I can't believe how much you and Amerae look a like. In that picture of guys on the tramp I had to look really hard to tell who was who!

out numbered said...

What a fun trip to AZ. I can't believe Max is old enough to have left on a mission and come home! I am feeling old. Everyone looks so great! It makes me miss the good old days. Did you make it to the reunion?