Saturday, October 17, 2009

Our First Camping Adventure

Brooks and I have talked about taking the boys camping, but have never really followed through with that. A few weeks ago, we decided it was time to actually try it. Some friends invited us to go and we decided to brave the great outdoors with the boys. Other than Elliot burning his fingers on a lantern and a rough nights sleep for us all, we had fun. Landon and Elliot got insanely dirty, which is just what little boys should do while camping, right? We camped with Heidi and Mark and some other friends at Farragut State Park in Idaho. We were close to the lake and had fun splashing in the water the first day. Tyler and Janae cooked us some great food in their dutch ovens and we enjoyed a late night by the fire talking. It might be a while before we try camping with them again, but I am glad we went.





I love these little camping chairs I found at garage sales. They didn't sit in them much, but they were still fun.



1 comment:

Dakota & Jeremy Stuart said...

Looks like a you had a wonderful time! Just wanted to say hello & that we miss seeing you guys. You guys should head down our way sometime :). Tell Brooks thanks again for his tremendous help getting us packed into that Uhaul - we couldn't have done it without him! Hope all is well. We miss you guys!