Sunday, May 9, 2010

Keeping Busy During Finals

Brooks had finals the week of May 3. He had four finals in four days and as a result he was gone at the school a lot. The boys and I had a fun week trying to find things to do while he was gone. We played with HelenAnn and Sam at Riverfront Park one afternoon and went down the red wagon slide. Elliot and Landon enjoyed chasing the ducks back into the water while we were there.




It has been raining frequently here and with the rain came some great rainbows. Landon and Elliot now know what a rainbow is.


Amy, Sam and I decided to make these canvas bags for Mother's Day gifts and spent a few of the days working on sewing and decorating these. We started out with decorating a couple of purchased bags, but decided we could sew some that were even better. We found the decorating idea at Make It and Love It, which is a great site for cute sewing and craft ideas.

One of the nights we were sewing late and I ended up laying the boys down at Amy's house. I didn't bring any pajamas for them, so they wore some of Abbie's. Brooks was surprised to see them in pink and flowers that night when we got home.


Landon and Elliot recently found the shoes in our closet and have fun putting them on. They are so proud of themselves!


1 comment:

Doug and Amanda said...

Haha love the pink jammies! The boys are getting so big--it's amazing! Oh, and love the canvas bags. I go to the makeitandloveit site all the time too!