
A few weeks ago we went to Priest Lake to go camping. Brooks had gone a few weeks earlier for his camp out with the priests and loved it. I was a little jealous of his trip and decided to plan our own trip. When we got there we set up camp, ate tin-foil dinners and then headed out to the lake to let the kids play on the beach. When we got back from that, we roasted marshmallows, ate s'
mores and the kids and the moms went to bed. The guys headed out to the lake with their cameras for some night shots. While they were gone, I heard some noise just outside of the tent which grew louder and louder over time. Then I heard the water cooler being moved around and then tipped over the table. The camp host had warned us about bears and so I called Brooks and told him to hurry back. Sure enough, it was a bear. The bear was gone when the guys got back, but the paw prints were all over the table to prove what had happened. For the rest of the night the bear wandered around the campgrounds bothering various campers. In the morning there were even paw prints on our car. What an adventure for us! The kids slept through the whole thing and we made it out to tell the tale.
No comments:
Post a Comment