Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10K

At the beginning of the summer, I started running a couple days a week with a few other girls. We would run about 2-3 miles at a time and just enjoy spending time running. About a month ago, I heard about a 10K and got excited about running in my first race. I ran a couple of 5 mile days to prepare for it, but was still a little nervous to run the 6.2 miles on race day. I had nothing to be nervous about. The race went great! I was hoping to run it in under an hour and I achieved my goal. My official time on the website says 54:40. I really enjoyed it and would love to do it again. Half marathon here I come!



The race was part of Valleyfest and they had a petting zoo, inflatable bouncy toys and an obstacle course for the kids. Landon is so funny with animals. He gets right in their face to say hi to them.

We fed a horse hay at the fair a few weeks ago. Landon thought the chicken might want some too.


Landon gave Smokey the Bear a hug and a high five. Elliot wouldn't go near him.

Elliot loved the bouncy thing. Landon hated it! I love how different they are.




6 comments:

Amy Miller said...

Way to go Shelci! Valleyfest looks like it was really fun. I love the picture of Landon feeding hay to the chicken.

Jake and Trisha Goodman said...

Way to go!

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

Good job, Shelci!!! I love the balloon picture and Landon hanging on the bar. Future gymnast?

out numbered said...

Congrats Shelci!! That is awesome. I have been running too. It is fun to do the races. I just did a triathlon relay with Rickey. He did the swim and the bike and I did the 10K at the end. It was fun! I also did the half and it was my favorite race, you should go for it! Congrats on your time too, that is a great time.

Mrs. Walker said...

Way to go Shelci! That is awesome! You look fantastic, and I'm sure that felt like such a great accomplishment. You rock!

Taryn and Sterling said...

Wow, good for you!! My goal is a 10k. I was all jazzed about doing one at the beginning of the year, but I am not running as far now because it has been so stinkin' hot, but it is starting to cool off again, so I have no excuse.