L: You're wearing socks dad?
B: Yep, I'm wearing socks.
L: I'm not wearing socks.
B: Oh.
L: Well, I'm Landon and Elliot's my best friend.
* Landon response when you explain almost anything to him, "Oooohhhh."
* Elliot prefaces lots of his responses with the word, "well." I guess I say that a lot.
* Elliot has always been interested in reading and learning what things are and what they do. Every time we read a book, he asks a million questions. If he hears a word he doesn't know, he asks, "What does (fill in the blank) do?" We then have to explain what "echo calling," "night is falling," "arches," "dock," etc., etc., etc., means. I love that he asks so many questions, but it takes a while to get through books.
* The boys spilled craisins all over the floor and I asked them to clean up the mess. When they don't help clean up I have them go sit in their room for a minute until they are ready to help out. Landon didn't want to do it, so he said, "I am not a helper. I'm going to my room." A minute later he came out and said, " I will help now."
* Brooks was sick last month and he wouldn't hug or kiss the boys to avoid passing along the illness. Around the same time Elliot and I had the following conversation.
S: Can I get a kiss from a cute little boy?
E: No, I am sick.
S: What are you sick with?
E: I am sick with germs...in my tummy.
* Landon and Elliot are both talking tons now. They have the best conversations all day long and are so fun to listen to. Here is just a little sample of their daily chatter.
B: Do you want to hear a story about Heavenly Father and Jesus?
L: Yes. Elliot, you want 'a hear a story Father and Jesus?
E: No, I want a story about a fish and a shark that are nice.
L: Ooohhhh. I want Father and Jesus story.
E: I want a fish and shark that are nice story.
L: Sharks are mad. Sharks bite.
E: Some sharks are nice.
L: Sharks and fish are on my show, Emo. (Finding Nemo)
E: Well, I want a story about fish and sharks.
The conversation continued from here, but I can't remember all the details. These little boys are so fun to have around though.
3 comments:
I miss them so much! I really loved the story about Landon not being a helper.
I am wearing socks, and I MISS you guys!!! All of you!
That is so cute. Thanks for sharing. I am glad they will help clean up. I have been working on that with Ian lately and his new comment is, "I will just watch you clean up mom." I need to start sending him to his room like you do...that might help.
Post a Comment