Friday, April 22, 2011

Half Marathon and Seattle

For my 30th birthday I decided I wanted to run a half marathon. Some people told me I was crazy, but I thought it would be a great way to spend the big day. Brooks and I left the boys behind for the weekend and had a great weekend in the Seattle area. I didn't have a goal for the race other than to finish it, but my chip time ended up being 1 hour, 59 minutes and 59.9 seconds. I was thrilled to be under 2 hours! It was an exhausting experience, but one I will definitely do again. After the race Saturday morning, Brooks and I headed to downtown Seattle to explore. Brooks had to wait up for me a few times as I hobbled up and down stairs and walked slower than usual.

This was the very beginning of the race. I still look fairly happy here.

This was between mile 5 and 6. I started to get pretty tired around mile 9 and then had a burst of energy around 10. When I stopped to get Gatorade at the last stop my legs were really feeling it. I am so glad I did the race!


Down by Pike's Market


After dinner at the Crab Pot


Brooks got me these flowers for my birthday, but then we forgot them in our hotel room.



3 comments:

Jaime S. said...

you go cuz!

Doug and Amanda said...

Wow great job! And happy birthday!

Taryn and Sterling said...

Congrats!! That is so awesome. I will do your next one with you.