Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Birthday Boys

Landon and Elliot celebrated their first birthday today. I can't believe they are a year old! They have been such a joy to have in our home and we loving watching them learn new things every day. We are so grateful for being blessed with these two sweet boys. Being a parent is amazing!


Days old



1 month - Blessing day




2 months - Landon


2 months - Elliot





3 months



4 months - Elliot



4 months - Landon



5 months




6 months







7 months




8 months




9 months



10 months





11 months



Landon - 1 year





Elliot - 1 year



We love rocks!



Usually this is where I write a bunch of stuff that they have learned in the past month, but I am having trouble knowing what to even write. Landon and Elliot are enjoying life. I can see their friendship growing as they interact more with each other every day. This interaction also leads to more toy-stealing and problems sharing, but I wouldn't expect much different at this age. Landon still has an insanely tight grip and Elliot has a tough time getting back any toy Landon takes. Elliot usually just whines to let me know he is not happy and he would appreciate some help getting the toy back. Landon is always on the move and it is next to impossible to get a picture of him sitting still next to Elliot looking at the camera. Gone are the days where they just sit on the bed as a snap shots. They both love the phone and get ticked if it is taken a way from them. The crying that comes after the removal of the phone are the beginnings of some great tantrums. Landon has tried clapping a few times and Elliot has tried waving a few times, but nothing very consistent. They are both eating well and are both doing pretty well with the sippy cup. We are all in the middle of a lengthy weaning process so wish us luck. I have enjoyed this quality time with my boys, but I am glad we are moving on to the next stage of life. Some of their favorite meals are bananas, pears, or watermelon for breakfast, jam sandwiches for lunch and beans or spaghetti for dinner. Landon has branched out quite a bit in the past month and is finally giving new foods a try. They both love playing with Brooks when he gets home from school. Landon plays a game with Daddy where Brooks puts him on the other side of the room and then Landon runs full speed across the room with his arms wide open to Brooks. Elliot's game of choice is still ramming heads with Daddy. They love to get into everything and when I say "no" they just hurry up and do it anyway before I can get there to stop them. A classic example of this is Elliot getting into Cole's crate. When I start coming to stop him from getting in, he grins, laughs and dives as quickly as he can into the crate. They are sleeping well, although they have been waking up a little too early for me the past few weeks. They both love to dance when they hear music. One of the new things they like are cars, trucks, trains, or any item with wheels they can push around. They also like chasing around the remote control car we have.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

What do you mean they are 1?? That is CRAZY!! Where does the time go? Well, it definately goes WAY faster when you are trying to keep up with 2 babies! Miss you guys!

Lisa said...

Oh, I love the pictures. Nice timeline. It's important to capture it all.

Happy Birthday to them!