Last week we said goodbye to a few things in our family, most of which we were sad to see go. On Monday, after months of discussion, we gave away our dog, Cole. We got him when he was a puppy and he has been part of the family for the past 4 and a half years. It was a difficult decision, and we miss him already in many ways. The boys both loved him and Cole was great with them. I am already missing him cleaning up all the Cheerios on the floor. We took a few pictures with him the morning before he left.
We also said goodbye to Landon's long locks. One Tuesday, I cut Landon and Elliot's hair. This was Landon's first haircut and I had been putting it off because I loved his long hair so much. It was time for it to be cut and I was brave enough to try cutting it myself. other than him not wanting to sit still and a couple of uneven spots, it turned out well. He looks so different, but still cute.
And finally...the end result. What a handsome boy!
Last, but not least, Landon and Elliot also said goodbye to their pacifiers this week. There have been multiple times I have wanted to pull them out since then, but I haven't done it. They are actually doing great without them, and I am grateful to be done with crawling under the cribs on a hunt for pacifiers.
4 comments:
Love the haircut. Loved Cole. Hard week for everybody. 2 pets gone, Cole and Ted.
How sad the hair and Cole are gone. Good job on the pacifiers. I am still working on that one. You need to call me and give me pointers on how you did it!! I have checked out a couple of books from the library on it and set next Wed as my goal to throw them all out. Wish me luck!!!
Wow, that is alot of good byes for one week! It is hard to say goodbye to a dog, it was hard for us and there are times that we miss her, but it was time to give her another home. (we still have our little westie that I love, she keeps my floors clean!) and a HUGE CONGRATS on saying goodbye to the binkies! I wish I had done it when JC was that age! Now we've moved into a new house and in a few months we'll have a new baby, and I know these are huge things, and to take away the binkie now would be pretty hard. I hope we can get together when you are in town! Call me and we'll meet up at Susie's and play!!
I can't believe the binkies, Landon's long locks, and Cole are all gone!! I will really miss that dog!!
By the way, I am SOOOOOOOO excited that you guys will all be in Mesa when I'm there! WOO WOO!!! Party at the cabin!
And my hair...I just did it. Just got a trim...but cut my bangs a bit. And I did get it colored darker. It's kinda fun!
I'm excited to see you guys! Love ya!!
Post a Comment