In November, Brooks and I flew to Spokane to pick up our stuff from storage and drive it back to Arizona. When we left Spokane in May, our plan was to be back in Washington in September for Brooks to do one more year of school in Seattle. In late August, our plan changed. We decided to stay in AZ. We were hoping to avoid crazy weather by going early enough in November, but it didn't work. It started snowing within a day of being in Spokane and Brooks and I were left feeling confused about what to do and if we had made a mistake in even coming. After looking at the maps, we made a plan and changed routes. It was a longer, but less wintry, route and ended having great weather for the trek home.
While in Spokane, we got to see all our law school friends. There was no way the boys could have come on the trip, but I was sad they missed out on seeing everyone. I have almost no pictures from our trip, which is a bummer, but I can't change it now. We stayed with Sam and Jeremiah a few nights and Amy and Jon for a night. Kristi and Harrison even drove over from Seattle to hang out. It was so good to see everyone, but it brought back all the feelings of having to leave Spokane from when we moved in May. This had a more final feel to it and it was bittersweet. We have been in Arizona for 6 months, and it hasn't been an easy transition for me. I loved the person I was in Spokane and I am trying to figure out how to be that person here. I need to find a way to get that confidence back. There were a few points during the trip that were really emotional for me: pulling into Spokane after my plane ride, seeing Abbie and realizing the boys weren't there to hang out, HelenAnn asking where Landon and Elliot were, Harrison asking where "the balas" were, hanging out in Amy's kitchen while she made dinner for me and chatting with Kristi and Sam about how much fun we had together. Am I ever going to be okay with this change?
Our good friend from high school, Neil, was married in Pasco during our trip up there. Brooks stayed in Pasco for the wedding and then met me in Spokane the next day. It worked out perfectly for him to be able to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment