Well, I finally did it. I called a babysitter and actually paid someone to watch my kids so Brooks and I could go on a date. Sure, we've had babysitters before, but not a teenage babysitter. I actually waited until I laid Elliot down for bed at 7:00 and then picked up the babysitter. All she had to do was play with Landon for a bit and then lay him down. She never even saw Elliot because he was asleep.
Brooks and I went ice skating at an outdoor rink and then had dinner at The Olive Garden. It was cold and I was horrible at skating, but we still enjoyed getting out and spending time together. The boys did great and now I am a little more relaxed about leaving them with someone other than family or close friends. Brooks and I will have to do this more often. Now I just need to come up with ideas for cheap dates.
2 comments:
it took us a year to get evelyn a babysitter and we weren't even gone that long. i'm okay with it but chris never wants to leave is girl. ice skating sounds like it was a blast!
Post a Comment