Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sights and Sounds of Spring




Living in Arizona my entire life, I never experienced the change of seasons before. It has been fun to watch summer change to fall, fall to winter and finally winter to spring. Up until a few days ago, it was snowing and cold. All of sudden, it is warming up. Today was in the low-mid 60's and we ventured out for a walk after conference. As soon as I stepped out my front door, I was surprised by everything I saw and heard. The streets have been empty and quiet for months, but not today. The neighborhood was alive.




We saw people in shorts and short sleeves, people washing their cars in the driveway, garages and front doors wide open, people on walks, kids playing baseball, and people mowing their lawns and other yard work. The grass is starting to return to its green color although I am still waiting on all the flowers to bloom. I am looking forward to going on walks again and we can finally try out the bike trailer when it gets just a bit warmer.




Too bad it is only going to last for a few days. It is supposed to snow again this weekend.

No comments: