Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Can you say Shelci?

Today, I was able to go out to lunch with Becky and Kim. It was supposed to be a big group of camp people together, but most everyone else had other stuff come up. It ended up being a small group, but still fun. I always enjoy visiting with all the wonderful women I met through my stake YW calling. I get filled in on all the stake info that I miss out on in my ward calling:) I also spent a few hours watching Dallin and Steven. Heidi had a training to go to and I told her I would watch the boys. I am definetely not used to having 2 kids around especially as a pregnant lady. Nothing too crazy happened. Dallin was napping for half the time which makes things much less complicated for me. Just all the everyday little things add up. Luckily Steven is good at taking a bottle so no problems there. These are some pictures of Steven. I took them while Dallin was napping.
Dallin recently decided that he no longer wants to say my name. Little stinker. He will say just about any name but mine. (He is also pretty stubborn with saying Michael's name.) Here is how the conversation goes:

"Dallin, can you say Brooks?"
"Brooks"

"Can you say mommy?"
"Mommy"

"Can you say Amerae?"
"Rae"

"Can you say Shelci?"
"...... (silence usually with a look in the other direction)" OR occasionally "GaaGaa"

"Can you say truck?"
"Truck"

He is totally doing it on purpose. Dallin sets his mind to something and he does not forget. I admire his dedication, but it is a lttle annoying. I think it has been at least a week since he has said my name. I still love him though!

2 comments:

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

Cute story!

Tannis said...

Oh Dallin... what a little stinker! That is so funny