Tuesday, February 19, 2008

President's Day Snowboarding

On Sunday, we had a big stake conference where they took the 3 QC stakes and made 5 stakes. My dad was put into the stake Presidency of the QC stake. We are in the QC South stake. It was neat to be at the meeting and see all the change happening in QC. After the conference Brooks and I took Michael, Mason & Tannis with us up to Heber for the weekend. The Crandell's were already up there so we hung out with them Sunday night. On Monday, I went with Brooks and Michael to Sunrise ski Park. They snowboarded and I observed. I am obviously in no condition to snowboard. Even though I knew the day would not be very exciting, I still wanted to go. I enjoyed going with Brooks last year (even though I ended up with a concussion) and wanted to go this year. I brought the camcorder and the camera and took a few pictures of Brooks boarding. We ate lunch together, and I got in some reading as well. The weather was great and I had to shed a bunch of layers throughout the day due to the heat. Maybe next year I will actually be able to attempt snowboarding again. Now all I need is a babysitter!

I was a little out of breath after walking up the hill to take this picture, but it was worth it. The snowpark was pretty busy, but Brooks still enjoys trying out jumps. He already has plans of taking our kids boarding. They will be better than me after the first day probably!


4 comments:

donelle said...

yeah...well i'm sure if you guys stayed in az you wouldn't have a problem finding a babysitter :)

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

We'll stay in Heber with the kids!

Tannis said...

Love the new pictures! I especially love the ones of Brooks and Ian. Those are adorable!!

Just me and my Mini me said...

I am going to sunrise this weekend. I get to attempt snow boarding for the first time!!! Wish me luck