Friday, May 16, 2008

They Are Here!


Our little boys were born Tuesday May 13 at 8:37 am and 8:41 am. My water broke that morning at 3:45 and then they were here in 5 hours. The nurses were a little surprised when they checked me, and I was already dilated to a 7. Luckily the doctor made it in time. Landon Brooks was born first weighing in at 7 lbs. 4 oz and Elliot Osborne followed shortly behind him weighing 6 lbs. 11 oz. Landon was taken to the special care nursery about 4 hours after birth and did not get to come back to our room until 2 days later. He is doing fine now, but it was so hard to see him with his IV and wires everywhere. Both boys are doing well and Brooks and I are exhausted, but happy. We got to come home all together yesterday evening. If anyone wants to volunteer for a night shift, let me know:)




20 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Oh my goodness, CONGRATS ! They are SO precious ! You will do a great job. It's tough at first, but I promise that it gets easier.

Good luck, you have a beautiful little Family : )

Kristy said...

They look so good! And I'm so happy for you that they're finally here! And that you've got to bring them home! Good luck and sorry, but I won't be volunteering for that night shift. I bet that both of your families are thrilled that they're here!

Stacy said...

I should volunteer for a night shift as I'm not getting much sleep around here being pregnant:) They are adorable, I'm so happy for you guys!

kati said...

Congratulations Brooks and Shelci! They are precious!!

The Curry Family said...

Congratulations Shelci and Brooks. The twins are adorable!

Jamie W. said...

Yey!! they are here. How exciting, they look so precious and cute. I love the rosie cheeks in the first picture. Congratulations!!!!

KOCHERHANS said...

That first picture melts my heart. something about twins.....so precious. I love the names you chose and they are just simply adorable. Congratulations you guys! I know life is busy, but I'm so happy you found time to post some pics. Too too sweet.

Dizzy Kate said...

I am sooo excited for you. They are adorable. I'm so happy that everything went smooth. I can't believe how good you look after having twins! You will be the best mom!

Minharos said...

They are so cute! Seriously, the cutest newborns I've seen, and that does include my own- just don't tell them.

Congratulations you guys, and good luck. Macey insists that we're having twins, but I'm pretty sure she's wrong. Twins would certainly be better than her original prediction of "fourtletts" I think we'll just take our babies one at a time over here, but seeing your boys does make me a bit jealous.

donelle said...

Congratulations! They are just so dang cute! I can't wait til I come home to see them, and to totally help you out! Tell them Aunt Donelle loves them!

Unknown said...

YAY!!!! I am so excited that they are here!!! Congrats and i wish you the best of luck in the sleep department. Those names are so perfect! i can't wait to meet them!

Lyle and Jaime said...

Congrats! They are so adorable. They are a good size for being twins...good job on that! Good luck with the nights! I hear it's even harder with two!

tarable said...

So happy to see some close up pictures finally. Big congratulations for you guys! We need to come out and see everyone now. Can't volunteer to help at night, but Roland and I could provide company, since we're up all the time too. I don't know how you will do it, but every new mom survives. Somehow.

Jennie said...

They are both so precious! So nice to see that they are "huge" when it comes to being a twin! Can't wait to see more pictures of them and watch how fast they grow! Take naps with them, that is the only way I made it through sane!

The Parkers said...

Hey Shelci...it's Ally...I have been a blog stalker since I saw you on Deanna's blog just never said anything but was always checking to see how you were doing and when your boys would get here!! They are adorable! Congratulations!!

The Wilkins' said...

Congratulations! They are precious, and adorable names. I'm glad you made it so far so you could have big, healthy babies! Enjoy, and good luck - you will do great, I'm sure!

out numbered said...

Congratulations Brooks and Shelci! I am so happy for the both of you and the fun you are going to have with your new family! I am glad everyone is home and healthy. Your boys are beautiful. I can't believe how big they both are. You are amazing Shelci!!!

Kim Skinner said...

congrats! i bet you are glad they are here finally. you've waited a long time and now your life will never be the same. good luck with those cute boys!

Amanda said...

I was just thinking about you this morning. I was wondering if those babies had arrived yet. I am so happy for you both. You look great. Love you lots!

Doug and Amanda said...

They are beautiful! Congratulations!