Tuesday, April 15, 2008

And the Verdict Is...Gonzaga


It looks like we will be moving to Spokane, WA in the fall. After long hours of discussing, praying, thinking and more discussing, we have decided on Gonzaga. Brooks has a scholarship offer there, and everything just seemed to fall into place. Both schools were great choices and we feel very blessed. Now this feels more like a reality! It is scary to think that we will be moving so soon and starting such a big adventure. This is a big year for us! School starts towards the end of August and we will most likely move at the beginning of August. Brooks and I have never done anything like this before and we are excited to start this adventure. I am grateful that Brooks is able to pursue his dream. He has wanted to do this for so long and finally got the chance. I love his motivation and determination to go after what he wants. We are not excited about leaving family and friends behind, but you are all welcome to visit and come enjoy this adventure with us!


This is a picture looking at part of the park that goes through the downtown area. There is a Ferris wheel, some other rides and Brooks thinks there is an ice skating rink.

11 comments:

Tannis said...

YAY! Congrats!! So exciting!

Kim & Max Willis family said...

we are so excited for you guys!!!
congrats!!!!

tarable said...

Great job, Brooks! We have friends who moved to Spokane a couple years ago and absolutely love it. We'll have to start planning our trip to visit you.

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

It looks like a beautiful place!

Mallory said...

congrats on the great news!! yeah it would be nice to be the one having a baby today!! hehe... i have an apt thursday so we will see :)

Minharos said...

What a beautiful school! I'm really excited for you guys. Like I said before, once you move you have to jump into the area, and find all the unique things that make it great. I would have gone crazy with homesickness if we had sat around, but we went out to explore all the time, and developed a real love for Pittsburgh very quickly. now when I get homesick I just have to go out to my favorite spots, and remember why I love it here.

Tiffany said...

How fun that you have a blog too! I am so glad that you found me. I can't believe you guys are moving. I had NO IDEA! SO exciting for you both. Ava was so excited to see you the other day. When you walked away she kept asking for you to come over to watch her! We need to get together and play catch up before you leave. I can't wait to see your boys. You should have invited me to your shower. I would have loved to come!!!! Enjoy your last weeks before you are sleep deprived!

Dizzy Kate said...

It looks beatiful. I'm so excited for you guys, even though I am so sad that you are moving so far away. That is great that Brooks is able to pursue his dream.

Bryan said...

how exciting--looks like a beautiful place! i finally heard the great news about your twins from preston & kelley the other night--CONGRATS!! we are so happy for you guys! --bryan from mcclurefamilia.blogspot.com

Kerby Family said...

Awesome! So happy for you guys. And man those pictures were awesome. We have family in WA we will have to come visit next time we are there. Good Luck Chelsea with everything coming up.

out numbered said...

That is great! I am sure you are so relieved to finally know where you are going! Congrats on everything!