Monday, April 28, 2008

Getting Closer

After my doctor's appointment today, I am no longer on strict bed rest, but I am still supposed to take it easy. The boys were weighing in around 6 lbs. 10 oz and 6 lbs. 2 oz. It was good to hear that they are still growing well and everything looked good. I am now dilated to 2 cm, and I am supposed to stay on the medication to stop my contractions. Even with the medication, I am still having a few contractions. It could be any day or within a week or two that things start progressing more.

12 comments:

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

I can't believe how big they are! They could be bigger than Emery and Ian were! You must be VERY uncomfortable! Hang in there. Let us know what we can do to help in any way!
Grandma Susie

The Crandell Crew said...

That's great to hear! Wow, that's a lot of baby! Can't wait to see them!

Tannis said...

They are so BIG! I LOVE IT!! YAYYYY!!!! I can't WAIT for the sweet boys to be here!!!

Taryn and Sterling said...

I bet you are glad that you aren't totally bed bound now. If you need anything besides more room in your belly (I can't help you there) let me know. I can't wait to see those big boys. They are probably already bigger than Ian was when he was born. I am so glad they are big and healthy!

Kim & Max Willis family said...

ya!!! im so excited!!!

Kerby Family said...

May 14th. would be a great day to have them. No Biggy. Best of luck, post pics as soon as they are here!!!

Kristina said...

Oh I am so glad you started a blog! I love reading your updates about your pregnancy........seems like just yesterday for me! :) PLEASE call me if you want to talk!

Jan said...

Hi Brooks and Shelci,
I've enjoyed checking out your blog for the last few months. You have some exciting events coming up. Congrats on the soon to arrive twins and congrats on Gonzaga. We wish you all the best!
Jan, Jenna and Jessy Bowles

Just me and my Mini me said...

Oh my goodness!!! I cant believe how big they are. You are such a trooper careing 2 babies!!! Well I hope your delievery is quick I cant wait to meet those two little guys!!!!

Theresa Cloyd said...

Wow, it is very unusual to hear of twins being so big! I know how the bed rest goes, and it always seemed like I should have been doing something else besides sitting on the couch and eating. Hopefully they will let you deliver soon, I'm sure they won't make you wait much longer, they will just want to make sure they boys' lungs are developed. We all can't wait till the little ones arrive.

out numbered said...

I can only imagine how uncomfortable you must be! You are carrying over 12 pounds of baby! You are amazing. I am so excited for you and hope that they do come soon so you can breath, eat, and relax again. I love that you are keeping us all posted! I am looking forward to seeing pics of the little guys! Do you have names picked out?

Dizzy Kate said...

Wow! It is getting so close! I'm excited for you. I haven't seen you in forever (since Becky's lunch) and I probably won't obviously until after the babies are born.

I do have question for you, even when you are on bed rest. You seem to know many church songs. I am looking for a song to sing in Relief Society. I think you know my range pretty well. I am definitely an alto. I don't know who else to ask, and I don't know where to even look or begin. You are a sweet heart.