Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lost Ring

My hands have been swelling a lot lately, and it has been difficult to wear my wedding ring. I end up putting it on my pinky finger because I feel like it is cutting off circulation to my ring finger. When I am home I don't even wear it at all. Just over a week ago, I went out for the day and I know that I had my ring with me. Since then I have not been able to find it. I have looked over and over again in the same 2-3 places that I usually put it when I am not wearing it, and I have tried to imagine every other place that it could be. I couldn't find it for church last Sunday or any other day this week. I was feeling very guilty about losing it and was starting to wonder if it would ever show up. Last night while saying my personal prayers I felt like I should go look in a certain place. Unfortunately it was not there, but Brooks came in while I was looking and asked what I was doing. He knew the ring was missing, but had not done any searching of his own yet. About 5 minutes later, he came to me with a big grin on his face and the ring in his hand. It had fallen into the laundry hamper which is right next to the bathroom counter and he had found it! I had looked all around that area, but not in the hamper. He says he has a knack for finding missing objects. In all seriousness, I feel very blessed to have found it, and I am glad Brooks came across me searching last night. I think that the ring will go into a very special drawer until after the babies come and the swelling goes down a bit just to be on the safe side. I got the ring on for just long enough to take this picture before having to peel it off my ring finger:)

9 comments:

Tannis said...

Oh my goodness that is no bueno! Good thing Brooks found it!!

Dizzy Kate said...

That is not a fun feeling. I lost my ring and we looked EVERYWHERE!! We finally went down to Walmart and bought some fake huge ring. Everyone and their dogs would comment on how beautiful and gorgeous my fake ring was. I thought it was hilarious that most everyone can't tell the difference between a real ring and a fake Walmart ring. Christmas came and I opened Brian's present. I could not believe it when I opened the box and saw my real wedding ring. He had found it six months after i lost it and just a few weeks before Christmas. I felt like it was my engagement day all over again. Anyway, this is probably the longest comment I have ever written, but are you surprised? I'm glad you found your ring.

Theresa Cloyd said...

I had to take my rings off about a month ago. My fingers got too swollen also. I woke up one morning and it was stuck it took about 5 mins to twist it off. Nick said I'm not allowed to even try to put it back on again till after the baby is born. It is a good thing Brooks found it for you. I would have gone crazy not knowing where my rings were!

Stacy said...

Have you thought about wearing it on a necklace?

The Crandell Crew said...

Good jobs Brooks! That's whay we keep husbands around! I know the Lord blessed you to find your ring because of your faith. Good for you Shelci.

Kristy said...

After my last pregnancy, I had my ring slightly enlarged. So this pregnancy has been the longest that I've been able to wear it. However, I've been thinking about taking mine off too because my fingers just like to swell so much. I just feel guilty not wearing it, or something in its' place.

kati said...

Shelci you look so cute with your baby belly! You are going to have so much fun with those babies... hope you're resting! :)

Taryn and Sterling said...

Thank goodness you found it. That would be so stressful. I am so jealous that you could wear your ring this long. I had to quit wearing mine at about 6 months and then I bought a giant fake one.

Candice said...

So Brooks is good at finding missing things huh? Send him to my house! I have a really bad habit of hiding things "really well" and forgetting where I've hid them and then I can't find them again. I'm talking about important things like: passports, birth certificates, $3,000, keys, journals, more money, Christmas presents, things like that. It drives Stephen crazy, I hate it too, but I"m kinda used to it cuz I do it so often. So next time I loose something that I've hid I'm calling Brooks!!