Landon, Elliot, Mom C., Tannis and I flew to Spokane Friday, Aug 1. My family came to the airport to say goodbye. I kind of felt like I was leaving on a mission or something. At first we thought our plane was delayed about 1 hour and so we were just chatting with the family while we waited. When we checked the screens again, it said "on time." At that point we had to rush to get back to the gate. I had to say a rushed "goodbye" to my family which I was not ready for. That was very hard for me, but I didn't have much time to be sad before it was time to go through security. I think that was one of the most hectic things I have ever had to do. We had to open up bags, find any electronic items, pull out our bags of liquids, get each baby out of his car seat, fold up the stroller and lift it up to the machine, and try and remember to take off our shoes. It was insane! Even with a 3:2 ration of big people to babies it was crazy. Come to find out, the plane was delayed and even longer than we thought. Not a fun experience with two babies. We were supposed to leave at 8:00 pm and didn't leave until 9:45. The boys were great on the plane which was a big relief. Once we arrived (at about 12:30 am), we found out that my bag was missing. While filling out a form to get my bag back, my phone rang. Someone had taken my bag. When she got back to the airport with my bag, she was so embarrassed and apologetic that she had taken the bag of the "people with the babies." Tannis and I had to ride with the stroller on our laps the whole 20 minutes to our house. It was a fun ride home! The picture above is at the airport in Spokane. What a long night.
This is the view behind our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment