
Landon and Elliot are now 8 months old. They are growing and changing everyday and are at a great stage right now. They are starting to play with each other more and entertain each other at times. I am loving being able to get a few things done while they cheerfully play. We went to the doctor in Arizona for a well visit. They were about 7 months old at the time. Here are their 7 month stats.
Landon
Weight: 17 lb 2 oz (25%)
Height: 27 in (50%)
Head: 44.6 cm (50%)
Elliot
Weight: 16 lb 8 oz (25%)
Height: 26.5 in (25%)
Head: 44.3 cm (50%)
Now that both boys are crawling, I have my hands full. Somehow they find every item I don't want them to play with: the plug for the lamp, wires for the tv, little pieces of food on the floor, boxes in the pantry, the broom tucked away by the side of the fridge, important pieces of paper, and the latest was the package of gum in my purse. I am behind on the baby proofing for sure. Both boys discovered the stairs shortly after arriving home, which gives me one more thing to restrict them from. They have been eating baby food for a couple months now and just recently started on a few finger foods. Elliot actually swallows the finger food when he is done mushing it up, but most of Landon's ends up back on his bib. He is a messy eater!
Landon has been crawling since mid November and loves this new freedom. He chases moving toys, people, the dog, and Elliot. Around mid December, he started pulling himself to a standing position. He has become quite an expert at that and is just recently starting to cruise around various pieces of furniture. Most times when I go to get him out of bed he is standing up holding on to the edge of the crib. Landon now refuses to take a bottle. I am not happy about that, but it is not worth the fight. He is going to have to figure out a sippy cup eventually. He can't nurse forever. Landon is a very animated kid. When he gets excited about something he often tightens his arms and grunts. It's like he doesn't know how to contain the emotion. He is still full of smiles and laughter. Now that his hair is getting longer, it is starting to lay down a bit. The problem is that only half of it lays flat and the other half still sticks straight up. Landon has had his bottom two teeth for a couple of months and the top two broke through a couple of weeks ago. He drools all the time.
Elliot decided it was time to crawl and he figured it out on the last day of 2008. He is excited to be able to join in on all the fun with Landon now. They follow each other around everywhere and get into trouble together. He is just figuring out pulling himself up to a standing position and is getting better and better. Elliot goes straight for the stairs when we are in the basement. He crawled up 7 stairs on his own. (Of course I was there to supervise.) Elliot recently learned how to throw things out of his crib. This creates a problem because he throws out his pacifier and his bunny which are the two things he sleeps with. I think it is his way of rejecting nap time. Elliot still has just one little tooth and has the cutest little one-tooth grin. His second tooth is just coming in.
2 comments:
Oh. I miss you guys. Good job Brooks on getting good grades! Woo Woo!!
If he keeps throwing out his binkies, just put lots of them in his crib. THat's what I've always done with JC. THe more binkies she has in there, the longer she will play in her crib after she wakes up. I love it! SHe wakes up around 8 am, but plays till around 8:45. Let's me sleep in!
But then again, it might just be more for him to throw out!
Post a Comment