Friday, January 23, 2009

Ski Report

Since I have never lived in a place where it snows before, there are a few things about the snow that I wasn't expecting. One is the ski report I heard on the radio a few days ago.

Ski report? Like weather report? Really?

The report gave me all the latest info about the 5 or so closest ski resorts. I now know base depth, most recent snowfall amounts, how many lifts are open, what the snow is like on each mountain (powder, icy, packed powder), and other random items about each mountain.

I definitely wasn't expecting that. Now I can tell Brooks which ski resort is the best to go to.

1 comment:

Doug and Amanda said...

That's cool. Doug used to daily check out a video feed at the closest mountain that would show the way the mountain looked as far as snow and all that. I'm guessing he still checks it once in a while, but we haven't gone in a while now that we are farther away.