Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas

Brooks got new snowboarding pants for Christmas. Sometimes he figures out what I am getting for him, but I think this was actually a surprise. He seemed to really like them. The pants he had before were pretty stinky. He also got a gift certificate for a pair of nice sunglasses. He spends a lot of time driving and is excited to get some good glasses. We also got a camcorder for the two of us which I am very excited about!
Brooks got me a few kitchen things. I got my first gravy boat with some nice serving platters, a toaster and an ice cream/sorbet maker. He also listened very well and bought me grapefruit spoons. Grapefruit and Serrano's have been my two most common cravings this pregnancy and I wanted some grapefruit spoons. Simple, but exactly what I wanted. Brooks also went all out and got me a gift certificate to a spa. I can go get pampered for the day. I am looking forward to getting my first ever facial! Good job honey!Cole didn't get any presents for Christmas, but I did wrap him up with one of our bows. He didn't really like it:(
After Christmas morning at our house, we went over to my parents. Max was calling from his mission in Brazil at 9:00 am (actually we called him, but whatever.) We had one hour to talk to him. Mom and Dad took most of the time of course, but we each got a turn to say hi. It was nice to talk to him. He sounded homesick, but I know that he is enjoying the mission. He has had a crazy past few months with multiple changes of companions and everything constantly changing. Hopefully he will get a little consistently back in the schedule. I think that will help. He has been out for just over 5 months now. After his call we opened our gifts from mom and dad and gave them the gifts from us. We got a very nice copy of the book The Holy Temple, a cookbook and gift cards for Black Angus and the movies. We got them a nice cooking dish, a book about Joseph Smith, and family videos. I spent quite a bit of time over the past month or so recording most of our home videos from various forms of tapes to DVD. It was a lengthy process, but well worth it. It was fun to watch while I recorded and it was great to see Mom and Dad's reaction. They both really loved it and were a bit emotional! After breakfast with them, we watched a few of the home videos. There were some great ones of Max that were fun to watch after just talking to him on the phone.
Dallin got a tricycle from Nana and Papa. He likes it! It is actually a gift that will stay at my parents and be for all the grandchildren over time. For now, Dallin doesn't have to share though. He doesn't quite have the pedaling figured out, but he does like being pushed around.

No comments: