Friday, December 14, 2007
Dallin's Trip to the Hospital
On Thursday, Dec. 13, Heidi called me at 7:30 am and asked if I could come over for a few minutes. I walked over to her house and found a sick almost 2 year old (Dallin) and a hungry baby Steven). I helped Dallin with his breathing treatment and could tell that he was really having trouble trying to breathe. Heidi called the doctor and set up an appointment for 10:00. Around 11:00, I got a call from my mom that Dallin was going to the hospital in an ambulance because the doctor was pretty worried about him. His oxygen levels were very low and his lips were turning blue. After gathering together a list of essentials from Heidi's house (diapers, wipes, snacks and a sippy cup), I went to the hospital. My mom had already arrived with baby Steven when I got there. Dallin was doing much better by this point. The doctor came in to see him and said that the x-ray showed the beginnings of pneumonia. After some nasty shots in his legs, swallowing some disgusting medicine and a few tears from Mom (Heidi) and Nana (my mom), Dallin was able to go home. He is now doing much better, but it was definitely a long day. He was a pretty tough little guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment