Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Snowboarding

Brooks has been waiting for it to snow since last March and it finally did. They got snow two weekends in a row at Sunrise and Snowbowl. Brooks was checking the ski report daily waiting for them to open. Snowbowl, in Flagstaff, opened Dec 13, and Brooks was there for opening day. He went with Mike Peterson, our family friend and chiropractor. He had to borrow a board because all his stuff was in Heber. He missed his board and boots, but he still enjoyed the experience. On Tuesday, Dec 18, he went snowboarding with Preston, his brother, at Sunrise. He took a few pictures at the top. I went boarding with him last year, but never actually took the lift all the way up to the top. I like the easy runs. The view up there is nice. Kelley, Preston and Emery and Brooks and I drove up to the cabin in Heber Monday night, and then the boys went boarding the next day. Brooks says he likes Sunrise a lot better. He also enjoyed using all his own gear for the first time since last spring. Kelley, Emery and I hung out at the cabin all day and did a puzzle, read and relaxed. I think this was Emery's first time in the snow.

Brooks, Cole and I went outside for a picture in the snow when Brooks got back from boarding. After a long day of boarding, Brooks was a little tired. I don't know why he is wearing shorts and t-shirt in the freezing cold, but he did humor me by at least taking the pictures.

3 comments:

Just me and my Mini me said...

Wow! I want to go to the snow! I cant wait. See you guys Sunday I hope!

Tannis said...

I'm so jealous that you guys were there while I was at school. So lame! But yay we didn't have school today! I'm really excited to go to the cabin and play in the snow

Dizzy Kate said...

I'm so excited that you found me on my blog. I had no idea you had a blog. I can't tell you how often I think about you and wonder how things are going. It was fun reading your blog, especially the parts about the babies. I'm so excited for you and Brooks. I use to see you like every other day and I now I haven't seen you forever. I would love to hear everything about your experience with Dr. Gelety and the babies. I'm so happy for you!