Thursday, December 27, 2007

Two Boys!!!

We went to the doctor today for a regular checkup and to see the gender of our babies. I am now 18 weeks along. The doctor almost immediately saw the first baby, bum in the right picture taking position, and knew it was a boy. The second was a little harder. He had his cord between his legs, but after some searching it was easier to tell. Brooks and I are thrilled, but we would have been happy no matter what. I really thought it was two boys so I wasn't too shocked. They look healthy and are growing just the way they should. Both boys are about the same size. The first picture is of their heads and the second shows one baby curled up in a ball. Not sure about the third picture other than that it looks like a baby, and Brooks said the last picture is showing that it is a boy. I can't figure that out very well, but I bet he is right. After the appointment we called a long list of family and friends to share the news. We also had a video tape that was supposed to record the ultrasound, but when we went to watch the tape we were disappointed. It hadn't worked right for some reason. Our next appointment is in four weeks and we can try the tape again at that one. Maybe we will get a little more confirmation about gender as well just to be sure. I really like having the ultrasound every time. In the evening, we went out to eat with my family. Carl & Evonne's family is in town for Christmas and we visited with them at dinner. It was a spicy Mexican restaurant in Mesa that I had never been to before. Afterwards, Heidi and I went to Old Navy and I celebrated the news of having two boys by buying a few boy things. We are so excited and are looking forward for May to roll around. My due date is June 1, but I like to say May.

7 comments:

Just me and my Mini me said...

YEAH!!! The girl curse is OVER! I am sooooo happy for you guys! That is so exciting 2 boys. Well Congrats, we love you guys!

Theresa Cloyd said...

I am also happy that you guys are having 2 boys! We were all really counting on you guys to add some more men to the family, seeing as though 6 out of 8 of us prego's are having girls! Have you guys thought of any names yet? Congrats and we love you!

Tannis said...

yay!!! I can't wait for my sweet little nephews to be born!! they are going to be so cute! =]

out numbered said...

I am glad to hear that everything is going well and that your babies are healthy. Boys are so fun!! Congrats again. I hope you have a Happy New Year! - Deanna

Unknown said...

No one told me you were expecting--and twins! Congratulations! Sorry I missed you at the family party--we arrived in town too late!

Mallory said...

We are SOOO excited for you!!
congrats!!

Joe and Laura said...

Goodness, that is so exciting, Joe and I are so happy for both of you guys, I guess all four of you guys now. Congrats!!!