Friday morning the boys, including Denton, drove to Salt Lake to pick up Leann (Joe's mom) from the airport. They stopped on the way home for breakfast and they were gone all morning. Shelli, Myah and I went to the mall while they were gone. I needed a few things from the LDS distribution center (yes, the distribution center is in the mall) and then we just walked around looking at other stuff. That afternoon, Brooks, Joe and I went back out to the hill with the quad and snowboard. After a little bit of a problem with the jump needed to be reshaped, Brooks started doing tricks. I was the picture taker while Brooks did cool jumps. Later that evening, we went out to eat with Joe and Shelli at the new Texas Roadhouse and then watched a movie at their place.
Brooks being pulled around by Joe on the quad
Brooks was finally able to go snowboarding for real on Saturday evening. There is a ski resort called Pebble Creek about 30 minutes from Joe and Shelli's house. Joe and Brooks decided to do the night skiing/boarding from 4:00-9:00 which is only $12. Only a part of the mountain is lit up, but they still had fun. Brooks said he found some good jumps. I thought it would be freezing at night, but neither of them seemed too bothered by it.
On Monday, Brooks and I drove up to Rexburg to see the temple for the open house. It is right by BYU Idaho. The inside of the temple is very neat. There is a chapel by the baptistry with a big window that looks over the font. If you are in the chapel, you can watch the baptisms that are occurring. The painting on the wall of the creation room was incredible. I was disappointed when we had to leave that room. It was full of deep green colors and had the local mountains, the Tetons, in the background. The temple was only just over an hour or so from Joe and Shelli's. I really enjoyed seeing it.
Short Video of Denton & Myah sledding
A last minute change of times led us to Boise on Tuesday where we met up with someone Brooks served with on his mission, Albert Conklin. Brooks, Albert, Alyssa (Albert's wife) and Albert's brother and sister in law all went snowboarding that evening. I usually like to get out there and have fun with everyone, but I am a little restricted right now, for good reason. While they were gone, I went shopping and found someone $2,$3, and $4 deals on kids clothes at Old Navy. I am really enjoying shopping for little boy clothes. That evening, we stayed the night at the Conklin's place. Albert made adobo (a Filipino food) when they got back at 10:30 or so that evening. I always enjoy hearing all the mission talk especially since I can picture the places since Brooks and I went back to the Philippines for our trip. The snowboarding didn't turn out that great because it was really cold and windy. Brooks said that most of the snow was blown off the runs leaving ice behind. Not great snowboarding conditions. We did enjoy staying and visiting with Albert and Alyssa though. Thanks to them for letting is stay there.


3 comments:
looks like you had a great time, glad you are home safe.
I loved reading about your trip! I'm glad you are home safe!
How fun!!! You got some really cute pictures. Denton and Myah are so cute
Post a Comment