As a side note, I discovered I prefer nativities with people in them, not animals or other objects. The animals that are supposed to be there (stable animals) are fine, but not random other animals. For example, there were multiple nativities with bears, and bears only. Joseph, Mary, baby Jesus, shepherds (you get the point) were all bears. Some of the other ones that struck me as odd were a reptile nativity and a penguin nativity. There was even a nativity made with "Smores" ingredients. Mary was made with two decorated, stacked marshmallows on top of chocolate and graham crackers. (I am not kidding!) Luckily, all the amazing displays outweighed the odd ones.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Nativity Display
As a side note, I discovered I prefer nativities with people in them, not animals or other objects. The animals that are supposed to be there (stable animals) are fine, but not random other animals. For example, there were multiple nativities with bears, and bears only. Joseph, Mary, baby Jesus, shepherds (you get the point) were all bears. Some of the other ones that struck me as odd were a reptile nativity and a penguin nativity. There was even a nativity made with "Smores" ingredients. Mary was made with two decorated, stacked marshmallows on top of chocolate and graham crackers. (I am not kidding!) Luckily, all the amazing displays outweighed the odd ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am sad that I was out of town for this. We had a lesson in Relief Society about the nativities display and I felt bad that I won't be able to see it thank you so much for posting about it. I will have to try for next year!
Post a Comment