Saturday, March 1, 2008

10 Years

Brooks & I started dating 10 years ago this week, our junior year of high school. Although I am hesitant to share the fact that I had a boyfriend in high school with my children or the young women I serve, I am very grateful that Brooks and I met and ended up marrying each other:) We dated 2 years in high school, wrote while he was on his mission, and then got married 2 months after he got home. We have now been married 6 years and are adding two little boys to our family in the next couple of months. I was going through pictures and decided to post a few of Brooks and I from high school.
This was from PROM 1998. My mom took a much better picture of us, but I can't find it.

Dec. 1999 - Hiking with the Reeses over Christmas break

1999 - At a lunch pep rally

Prom 1999 - Brian Bowles (Brooks boss and family friend) took us water skiing for our day activity

Graduation 1999

8 comments:

donelle said...

love this! wow...we've known you forever. so glad that you're part of our family!

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

Great memories! Thanks for sharing!

Tannis said...

I love those pictures! So cute! I can't believe it's been 10 years since you guys started dating. That means I was like 5! That's crazy. I'm very glad you married him! You're a great sister in law =]

Stacy said...

I'm sorry you had to go to Mesa High. Go Toros!!

Sarah said...

Hey Shelcie! I love your page -- getting to read about your life and everything that's going on. You look so cute (although you might not like hearing that... I didn't like it oh so much when I was pregnant). Congratulations on your little boys. I hope you're still enjoying being pregnant. :) Congrats on law school, too. If you end up in Spokane, maybe Ryan and I would get to see you sometime when we go up to visit his family! :)

Theresa Cloyd said...

I can't belive that you guys have been together for 10 years. That is truly amazing! I don't think dating someone when your a junior in HS is bad, as long as you don't do anything crazy or that you might regret, which you obviously didn't so you have nothing to worry about. Plus I know that you and Brooks will make great parents who will teach your kids right from wrong.

out numbered said...

So many memories!! This was fun to look at. We found out today that we are having another boy. It must be the time of year for boys. I also enjoyed reading your post about Jillian, thanks for sharing it. I hope that all is well. What are you rplans for law school, do you know yet?

Emilee said...

I didnt know you guys dated in high school! when i re-met you, you must have been dating him, i dont remember that...anyway. those pics of you guys are great!