Friday, March 7, 2008
Indoor Soccer
Brooks just joined an indoor soccer league. When he got the call last week asking him to join the team, he was quite excited. He has never played indoor soccer, but always wanted to. Their first game was Tuesday night at the new sports complex in Gilbert on Power/Elliot. There are 8 baseball fields and 1 indoor soccer arena. I went to the game to watch. The field is much smaller than the regular soccer field and the goal is much smaller as well. The sides of the field are enclosed by big plastic(?) panels, and there is a huge net that stretches from the outer walls to the ceiling. The ball comes flying at those panels often and is not considered "out" unless it hits the nets above the walls. There are also fewer players on the field. Brooks and Preston are both on the team with their high school coach and a guy they played with in high school. The first game didn't turn out too well for their team, but it was fun to watch. Much quicker moving than regular soccer. Maybe next week they will figure out how to mesh as a team and pull off a win. The complex was nice, but I don't like the $3 entry fee:(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I want to come watch them sometime!! Indoor soccer is like amazing!
That sounds exciting! I would love to see a video or something just to see how the game is played. Oh! Was that you conducting the music on Sunday at Stake Conference. I miss you!
I've always wondered what they have over there at the new sports complex. I didn't know they had indoor soccor. Nick and I were just talking the other day about indoor football. We had started watching some of a game on t.v and it's WAY different. Tell him good luck! How often does he play, it might be fun to go watch sometime
Post a Comment