Friday, March 14, 2008

6 Year Anniversary

Brooks and I have married for 6 years. Our anniversary is March 8, but we didn't go out until Monday the 10th. We decided to celebrate by going to the Melting Pot. Others had told us how much they enjoyed it, but we had never been before. They put is in one of those little "privacy booths" with a curtain and even had a "Happy Anniversary" card waiting for us. The picture is of us getting ready to enjoy dessert. If you look closely at the second picture, you can see I really enjoyed it. My pregnant belly got in the way and I ended up with a little chocolate on my shirt:) We were at the restaurant for 2 hours eating! Not sure why it took that long, but it was a nice dinner. A bit pricey, but a fun experience.
We also went to stay in Fountain Hills for the evening at the same resort we stayed at on our honeymoon. This will be our last anniversary without kids around and we figured we better make it memorable.

In honor of our anniversary, here is a list of some of the things I love about my husband:
1. He always tells me how beautiful I am (no matter how pregnant I am)
2. He makes me laugh often
3. He is very good looking:)
4. He helps around the house
5. He honors his priesthood and is able to give me blessings
6. He is a faithful home teacher
7. He serves faithfully in his calling
8. He goes to the temple with me
9. He wants children and will be a wonderful father
10. He is motivated and purses his dreams
11. He is a great listener
12. I love our late night talks!

There are many more, but that will have to suffice for now. I feel lucky to be married to such a wonderful man!

4 comments:

donelle said...

First of all...cute hair! I really like it short. Secondly, Happy Anniversary! And lastly, way to go getting all that fun baby stuff. I love looking at little baby things and thinking I wish I had money to buy it for your little guys, Ian, or Emery.

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

Brooks is blessed to have YOU also! Happy Anniversary!

Tannis said...

I LOVE your hair!!! It's so cute!

Kerby Family said...

Shelci you look great. I can't wait to see those two cute boys. You have a busy road ahead but it will all be worth it.