Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cook Day

Brooks was amazing this week and watched the boys three different times while I got out of the house! On Monday, I went to a twin club meeting in the evening. On Tuesday, I went to our ward enrichment called Conversation Cafe. Dinner was served one course at a time and in between courses we randomly switched tables. Each course had a topic to discuss as we ate. I sat at 4 different tables and got to meet quite a few sisters in my ward. It was a great activity for a new girl like me.

Then this morning, I went to a cook day at a girl in my ward's home. She does this once a month at her house and there are about 10 women that usually come. Each group of 2 or 3 women are assigned a couple different meals to put together for the whole group. I worked on the manicotti and the chimichangas. The meals can be frozen and used whenever. There were 7 meals and a dessert to choose from: buttermilk herb chicken, chicken manicotti, lasagna, taco soup, steak fajitas, beef tortellini soup, chimichangas and peanut butter pie. I ordered one of each meal. It took about 3 hours and now I have ready to go meals which are especially nice for crazy days. I will definitely be going to cook day again!

*We assembled a total of 95 meals in 3 hours!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Oh man!! I totally need to host one of those!! Email me all the details of how it works. And I LOVE you slide show of family picutures....how adorable!!!