Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nanay Was Here

A few days after my parents left, Brooks mom was able to come and visit. We love having family around to spoil Landon and Elliot. It was great to have her here. I was able to go the grocery store by myself while she watched the boys! On Sunday, Brooks taught his primary class for the first time and I had both boys. Luckily Nanay (aka Grandma Susie) was here to help. I honestly don't know how I am going to do that with both boys by myself, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. The past week has been rainy and chilly all day, everyday and so we spent a lot of time inside hanging out with the boys. On Monday night, Nanay watched the boys while I got to go to an event at the law school with Brooks. Ken Starr (best known for his role in investigating the Clinton scandal) spoke about first amendment rights. We were hoping for more dirt on the Clinton's but had to settle for a discussion on freedom of speech. I had tried going to an event with Brooks a few weeks ago, but couldn't find a babysitter. (Probably because I didn't try very hard.) Lucky for me, I had a willing babysitter for the evening and was able to spend the evening with Brooks. Landon and Elliot both decided they wanted to stay up late and give Nanay a hard time while we were gone. Silly boys! Before she left on Wednesday, we were able to go to Value Village here and stop by Dick's (a burger place) on the way to the airport. We already miss her!



We did go down to the mall one day to get some 6 month pictures taken of the boys. They were both so good.



I didn't get my camera out much for some some reason, but the following pics are ones she took while she was here.



Elliot loves turning these flaps on the exersaucer. You can see how hard he is concentrating.



One afternoon when the temperature wasn't too bad and the sun was sort of shining for a few minutes, we bundled up the boys and went for a walk. Elliot was not thrilled with the cold weather and the walk didn't last too long.


Nanay also took a couple of videos of the boys.

2 comments:

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

Oh, we miss having you guys close by! A month from tomorrow we will see you again!

donelle said...

OH MY GOODNESS! The last time I saw the boys they were tiny BABIES...tell them to stop growing up until I get to see them a MONTH FROM TODAY!!! They are just so adorable and I can't wait to see you all!