I tried to talk Brooks into going to Arizona for Thanksgiving, but was told a few times "no way." Thanksgiving Break is prime studying time for finals. So we decided to make the best of it and have Thanksgiving at our house. We had 18 people and 5 babies over. It was a crowded house, but we really enjoyed the company. Everyone brought something to share for dinner and there was way more food than we could eat! As people were arriving, there was a light snow falling..the first time it's snowed at all since we've lived here. Us Arizona people thought the snow added perfectly to the festive mood. We missed being with family, but stayed busy and enjoyed our day with friends.
This is some of the food...after the dinner was over.
I took on the turkey this year and was a little nervous about doing my first turkey. Thankfully it turned out well. I ended up brining the bird and was pleased with the result. After the turkey had been carved and eaten, I realized that I never took a picture of the bird just out of the oven. How sad! All that work and now it is gone (other than a few leftovers in the fridge.)
Earlier in the morning, Brooks went to play football with the men in the ward. Long story short, he accidentally elbowed someone in the face during the game. The person he hurt happened to be the previous bishop in our ward and the elbow did some damage to the bishop's lip. He might even need stitches. Brooks felt really bad and it was not a fun way to start Thanksgiving Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment