Monday, September 22, 2008

A Couple of Trips without the Kids

On Thursday evening, Nanay came to visit. The next day I was able to go somewhere by myself with no car seats, no diaper bag and no babies. Unfortunately, I ended up going to wait in line to get my driver's license, but hey, it needed to be done. It was weird to be by myself! Later that evening, Brooks and I went out to dinner. We haven't done that by ourselves in a while. Then, on Saturday, Brooks and I did the same hike we did with our kids a couple of weeks ago, only this time we went all the way to the waterfall and left the boys with Nanay.

Somehow Susie was able to take this picture of herself while holding Landon and feeding Elliot. Amazing!



On Sunday, we drove to Manito Park. There are some great gardens there that Brooks and Susie had not seen. Before we know it, it will be covered with snow, but for now it is great.


Besides taking off without the kids, we did some fun things while Nanay was here. On Saturday, we went to a twin garage sale and found some great things: clothes, a stroller, hiking backpacks to carry kids in, and LOTS of toys! I think I will save most of it for Christmas.

No comments: