Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sick, Sick, Sick

Wow! That is all I have to say about having sick children. Luckily, in the four months since the boys were born, they did not get sick once. Last week, Landon came down with what I thought was a cold, but actually turned out to be bronchiolitis. He was absolutely miserable! It was so sad to hear him whine and just make "I'm hurting, why can't you fix this mom?" noises all day. What was almost as bad was feeling like I was neglecting Elliot all day to take care of Landon. He had a pretty high fever of 102.9 Wednesday night, but then it dropped fairly quickly after getting some Tylenol. I was pretty close to a trip to the hospital that night. He would not sleep anywhere but in my arms and even that wasn't great. I got almost no sleep. On Thursday, Brooks stayed home in the morning to help becasue I was a little overwhelmed. It was so nice to have him home even just for a few hours to help. Landon got sick on a Tuesday night and by Friday was feeling much better. He was better just in time for Elliot to get sick. Elliot didn't get it nearly as bad as Landon and never had as high of a fever. I was so exhausted by the time Elliot got sick, and was relieved that he didn't get the full brunt of the illness like his brother. After Landon spent a night or two sleeping in my arms, now it was Elliot's turn. They are both feeling much better now. Brooks said the new rule in our house is that no one is allowed to get sick.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I like that rule. Maybe I can try that one at my house.