On Saturday, we slept in a bit and then Brooks and I actually ate breakfast together, which never happens anymore. Shortly thereafter, Brooks headed down to the school to get a little studying done. (It seems he has been doing a lot of that lately.) When he got home, I was going a little stir crazy and we decided to go out for a family hike. There is a nice area about 10-15 minutes from our house with a hiking trail that leads to a waterfall. We had heard about it at our ward camp out and thought we'd go explore. After the boys were fed and dressed, which takes quite a while still, we headed out the door. The hike up to the waterfall is about 3 miles, but we knew we wouldn't make it that far. The boys seemed to like it all right, but not 3 miles worth. I think we went just over a mile before heading back. We ended up at a little bridge that crosses over the stream. These are a few pictures of our hike. I guess you can take bikes on this trail and Brooks is excited to try that. I am wanting to get all the way up to the falls one of these days, but we'll see if that works out. I really want to get the nice hiking backpacks for carrying kids because I think they would like that better. But for now the baby carriers will have to do.
4 comments:
How fun!!! What a pretty area.
Wow! It's so GREEN there compared to AZ!
What a pretty hike! Okay, sleeping wise I can't even imagine managing twins. It's got to be difficult to say the least. At least you don't know any different?!?!?
It's so pretty there. At least I know it will get cold in a few months, that way I don't have to be too jealous. j/k
Post a Comment